Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vacuum

People keep telling me I'm a fast knitter. I can't tell you how many times I've heard/read comments about my crazy, über-fast skillz. Friends/colleagues/readers look at my crazy DORMA life and - more often than not - marvel at how much knitting I can get done.

I guess it must be true (after all, 18 people can't all be wrong, right?). But the truth is that I don't really consider myself to be fast and/or particularly productive. Mostly it's just incredibly frustrating. When you consider the time I actually get to spend knitting as opposed to the time I spend thinking about it? Really, I barely get to knit at all.

Take this past week for instance. I've been thinking about knitting pretty much non-stop, queuing patterns, dreaming about stash enhancement, planning my wardrobe in accordance with the cardis and woolly accessories which shall soon be in my closet (once I've knit them, anyway), and yet what have I knit? I got about 2 inches done on the first sleeve of Castlegar and maybe 4 cm of brim on the first of the Mystery Hats. Aestlight? Didn't touch it. Christmas knitting? Surely you jest. Mitten surgery? Oh no you di'int.

Tonight isn't going to be terribly productive either, I'm afraid. I've had a heckuva week, and am positively knackered. I'm so tired I actually tried to blog while lying in a fetal position on the couch with the laptop (yes really), and only got up when I couldn't figure out the arm placement thing.

Happy Knitting Everyone! I'll just be lying on the couch, petting my cat and dreaming about knitting.

4 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

bravo, young Padawan. You have advanced mightily in the art of cat ownership. That is EXACTLY the right thing to be doing on a grey evening like this one.
Not only do you knit quickly, you knit well. What a nice combination :)

Chantal Boucher said...

Ouais... tu tricotes vraiment vite. À la soirée tricot, on voyait le châle prendre forme en même temps que tu bavardais... J'ai rien dit.. car j'étais juste... jalouse! Au Knitnight, j'arrive à peine à faire 3 rangs et demi quand je parle en même temps que je tricote! Et ça, c'est quand je n'ai pas à le défaire rendue à la maison... car tu imagines que je fais des erreurs aussi! Non, mais je suis-tu en train d'avouer que j'ai un cerveau de gars moi-là? Bon tricot! J'y retourne dans le silence de ma demeure endormie.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I totally think you're a fast knitter! I sometimes wonder how on earth you do it, work, being a mom, managing your household & find time to knit THAT much :)

Laurie said...

Wanna race? ;-)