Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Recipe for a successful Knit Night...

...DearKnits (and The Enabler) style.

Worried about hosting the perfect Knit Night? Feeling anxious about what constitutes a successful Stitch 'n Bitch session? While there can be many components to a Knit Night, it has been my experience that, if you have these 3 basic elements, your Knit Night will be a resounding success:

1: Fruit and cheese tray

Your selection of cheeses and fruit may vary. If you're having Dear over, you'll want to have plenty of Gouda on hand (just sayin').

2: Wine.

Wine (any drinkable wine will do) is essential if you're hosting a Knit Night in your home, especially if non-knitting spouses are to be present while the stitching and bitching actually takes place. Plus it makes your guests feel more like "grown-ups" when they're snarfing down your crackers and Gouda.

3: Yarn.

Artfully displaying yarn for your guests to squeeze ogle admire is a GREAT way to break the Knit Night ice.

Once you've got these main components down, all you need to do is sprinkle in a little pleasant conversation among good friends, and you're all set.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

I find I'm too tired to try for anything witty, regrefully - so I'll settle for sincere - thanks for yet ANOTHER lovely KnitNight (and for providing the ogling/fondling yarn)
How lucky to have Dear so close by... :) (we ALWAYS have the Gouda and wine on hand. Just in case...)

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I wish I lived closer that I could join you!

Ok, what on earth is that yarn!? GORGEOUS colors. Do share....

Celia said...

Ditto! I wish I lived close by, I would have definitely been there.

Laurie said...

Oh my...could I crash your party?