Friday, November 5, 2010

Quickie

I'm going to a for-real-honest-to-goodness Professional Librarian conference in the city today, and I'm pretty stoked. I'll also be meeting up with friends afterwards for the ever-elusive "drinks and dinner in the city", so I don't know if I'll have a chance to blog tonight. Hence the quickie post now.

I've given it a lot of thought, and I'm going to be taking the metro in, mostly because the thought of driving in rush-hour traffic for over an hour only to have to circle the Palais des Congrès for 30 minutes to park is giving me hives. I've got my knitting (Castlegar sleeve), Harry Potter 7 on audio book, and I'm wearing sensible shoes (FUCK fashion. I want to be comfortable.)

Regular knitting content to return tomorrow.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

7 comments:

Alrischa said...

Don't Audiobooks and knitting go well together...?

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Audio books + knitting + metro/train = awesome.

Have a great day at the conference! Enjoy dinner & drinks in the city.

I'd go with sensible over fashion too. You made the right decision on a dreary rainy day.

Mrhide said...

well metro parking was full so to the city she drove!

~RaenWa~ said...

I hope you had a nice time at the convention. Sometimes being comfortable is more important then fashion.

chudoland said...

Have a great day!
you make me laugh about shoes! :-)

Maryse said...

Congratulations for blogging daily! I hope the conference and dinner were fun! I always take the metro when I go downtown (park at Cartier)!

kate-the-enabler said...

I think, when you mention knitting, even in passing, that constitutes knitting content....
Sorry you had to drive into town though..