Sunday, November 7, 2010

Continuum

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: time - or rather our perception of its passage - is a funny thing. Some days it's all you can do to get a handle on it, and other times it just drones on and on, days stretch out seemingly endlessly before you, and - especially if you've got small children in the house - you find yourself at 3 in the afternoon asking that most basic question "What's going on? Isn't it friggin' bedtime YET???"

Luckily, we knitters can usually look to our WIPs to verify that time is indeed passing at it's usual rate. For instance, the first Castlegar sleeve barely had a cuff, and now it's well on it's way.

Last Sunday I hadn't even gotten the first clue of either of my Mystery Hats, and now Pattern B's all brimmified, and pattern A is going to be cast on tonight.

And if you happen to live in casa de Dear, another sign of time's relentless march forward is the annual purchase of an item so powerful that it's significance can no longer be ignored...

There are 48 days left until Christmas. Let the annual knitterly freak-out begin.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

Good job with Na-whatever-whatever so far DearKnits!! Bravo! :)
And with Castlegar - so many teensy weensy regular little stitches... I'm really looking foward to living the Wormhead mystery vicariously through your work (especially since the cast-on this evening will be in the green yarn reclaimed from my clutches... ;) )
and OH - EVERYONE I know had one of those never-ending (long, dark tea-time of the soul) sort of afternoons today. Must've been something in the air. Or the @#$# time change :).

Celia said...

Great job! You got alot done!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Yellow hat, yellow sweater... plan to wear them together? :)

I've had a few days lately too - where I've just been like "how many hours til bed time??"

The time change sucked though... totally threw us all off. Hopefully tonight will be easier than yesterday for both of us.

47 days til I'm due?! AHHHHHHHH! So much to do.............. LOL. Can I skip Xmas this year?

Sereknitty said...

I really like the "orange sherbet" looking yarn! Yup, the time change got to me too. I sat on the couch for most of the aft/eve on Sunday and worked my way through a test knit I'm doing for Samantha Roshak. BTW, thanks for the reminder about how close it is to Christmas, and how I've yet to even start, never mind complete, one gift giving item!!!

Laurie said...

LOVE the yarn for the hat - what is it??? And looks like at least 2" on the sweater. ;-)

Dawn said...

La la la I'm not listening...Christmas is still months away. Beautiful sleeve cuff by the way.