Saturday, November 27, 2010

Curtosy over Dignity

This morning I attended the first of 2 workshops given by Anne Hanson over the weekend. As usual, I procrastinated took my time getting the materials I'd need for the class. All evening yesterday, I kept thinking I should really put together my bag for the next day, but couldn't quite manage to get off the couch (the lure of the yellow cardi might have had something to do with that, of course). I figured I'd have plenty of time this morning before I needed to head out (you know... at 8:20).

When Emilie woke me I woke up at 6:45, I wasn't worried. I had plenty of time to have breakfast, pack my bag, and get ready. As a matter of fact, I was SO not worried that, after breakfast, I decided to fold a few loads of laundry. Sure, it was 7:35, but I had PLENTY of time, right?

It was only as I looked at the list of materials we'd need for class and started to get my things together that I began to feel the first pangs of worry. Maxime and Phil still hadn't come down for breakfast, I was running around in my jammies, DPNs and Circulars in tow, and it was 7:50. How was I going to be ready in time?

At 8 o'clock (15 minutes before I wanted to leave), I decided Phil had had enough of a sleep-in and went upstairs to wake him so I could shower (to be fair, he was in the process of getting up when I got there). I jumped in and out of the shower, furiously pulled on whatever outfit I could find, and bolted out the door. Did I dry my hair? No. Did I apply make-up? Nope. I was in such a rush at this point, that - and I can't stress this enough - I didn't even moisturize.

Out of curtosy for my fellow knitters, I got clean. But when it came down to the wire, and I was faced with the possibility that I might miss the beginning of Anne's class? I decided my dignity could suck it.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

ps: Three guesses on whether or not my bag is ready for tomorrow's all-day sweater fitness workshop :)

3 comments:

Maryse said...

How was the class? Where was it? Hope you enjoyed it (and did not forget any critical material!!!)

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I was there on time (2 minutes to 9 am) and you were already there.. so... you made it!

It was nice to see you yesterday morning! Can't wait to hear about the sweater class!

Celia said...

That sounds like something I would do.