Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Get ready

The third and final installment of the Woolly Wormhead Mystery KAL came out today. As I was printing them off, I realized that - once I'm done with these rows - I'll have completed another 2 hats. Twenty rows were all that separated me from two more FO's. Come to think of it, even though I haven't been putting any knitting time in the second Aestlight shawl lately (mostly 'cause I've been knitting 2 hats simultaneously), it's nearly complete as well. There's a good possibility that I'll have polished off most of my WIPs by the end of the weekend, which will leave me free to work on Castlegar.

The upside to all of this is that there's going to be a veritable parade of lovely finished objects to share with you within the next few posts (just as soon as I can take some decent pictures, of course).

The downside is that - once those FO posts are done - you're going to be stuck in a never-ending, soul-sucking, mind-numbing loop of endless "slightly longer than last time" posts about the yellow cardi I'm still not convinced I'll be able to pull off with my skin tone.

So get ready: you're going to need it.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

ps: the blue plastic buttons have won by a landslide. I'll be sewing them on tomorrow. Probably.

pps: I was sorely tempted to throw down a (completely worthless) wager regarding whether I could finish the cardi by the end of NaBloPoMo. Then I realized I have a job, a cat and a family, my interactions with whom run much more smoothly if I don't turn into a frantic, overly-caffeinated knitter with a crazy-ass deadline. Still... I do love a challenge.

3 comments:

Celia said...

Can't wait to see those pics!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Cant wait to see the pics of the FO's! Uhm.... I am sure you can totally finish the cardi before the month's end! I have faith!

kate-the-enabler said...

er - GOOD JOB resisting that urge - you have quite enough on your plate at the moment, and we want you to ENJOY your knitting as much as we enjoy it :) I'm loking forward to the FO parade too....and to casting on something new with you! HUZZAH!