Sunday, November 28, 2010

Much better

Today I was fortunate enough to attend a day-long sweater fitness workshop with Anne Hanson. As I mentioned yesterday, I felt a little flummoxed after Saturday's fast paced lace workshop, and I was determined to get today's class RIGHT.

First things first, I had my Enabler with me :) That makes things better, no matter WHERE I am.
I also made sure to pack appropriately this time...

Sure, the class description said to bring 50-100 yards of yarn and the pattern for ONE sweater we wanted to knit, but hey... better safe that sorry, right?

I brought my current WIP as well, and got lots of knitting done while waiting for Anne to see us all individually. Sadly, Kate finished her sock fairly early on, so I put her to work winding a large skein of Briar Rose Grandma's Blessing (earmarked for Bel Air, in case you were wondering) I've had marinating in the stash for 3 years...

We even managed to get a wee photo-session in as well!

We photographed Kate's magnificent Gale...

As well as staged a mock-Twilight tribute with the giant Ball o' Yarn Kate wound for me ('cause yes, apparently I AM that big of a dork, heh).

All in all, a most wonderful day. Thanks so much to Anne for making the trip up here, and I look forward to more lovely days spent with my knitting peeps in the very near future.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

chudoland said...

wow, it's so wondeful report! thank you for sharing us your great knitting day. :-)

Chantal Boucher said...

Wow trop cool! Chanceuse. Et où était-ce cet atelier?

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Sounds like a more relaxing day than Saturday was.

That ball of yarn is huge!!! Did you have to wind it into a ball on top of the cake? I think that's what it looks like?

Are you casting on for Bel Air as soon as the yellow cardi is done?

Sereknitty said...

What a fabulous way to spend a weekend! Sooooo jealous :)