Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Um....

Wow, this daily blogging thing is going to be harder than I thought! I've been trying to come up with an angle, a story, a tale of knitterly humour to keep you entertained, but I'm coming up with diddly squat (of course, that may have something to do with the fact that while I'm trying to write this, Phil's watching that most intellectual and multi-leveled of films, Piranha 3D... Aaaargh! It's sucking my will to live!!!).

Thank the Knitting Fates a picture is worth a thousand words, eh? (that's a little Canadian-speak for you).

Yes friends, the mail carrier has been good to me lately, and I've got some really lovely yarn waiting to be cast on.

A beautiful skein of No Two Snowflakes Sport Weight yarn in a merino, silk and cashmere blend, colourway Honeycomb Perfection (I've got a thing for yellow lately). I've been carrying this skein around with me for about 3 weeks now, taking it out of my knitting bag and smelling petting admiring it every now and again. I think I'm going to use this for one of my Mystery Hats (the first clues came out yesterday!).

And this is the September installment of the Year of Lace Club (a little late, but oh well). The colour is really spectacular, very fitting for autumn (or would have been had it arrived in September!), and I quite like the pattern as well. If it weren't for the whole "Christmas approacheth" thing, I'd be very tempted to cast on ASAP.

And what does the stash have to say about these latest additions to my growing yarn-family?

"Get in Line, Newbies!"

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

I'd say that stash enhancement is ALWAYS good blog fodder - maybe you'll just have to shop a lot in November (ha!) - and I KNEW you'd be in for the Wormhead mystery (you did that last year too, right?) - can't wait to see what comes off those needles.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Great stash enhancement. You definitely have a thing for yellow lately. I am not much of a yellow fan (to wear yellow that is), so I dont think I'd knit myself anything with that color - it's probably my complexion's fault.

How does the Mystery hat thing work? How often you get instructions? Curious about that stuff.

Cynthia F said...

Very nice- I adore your knitting and all of your cool projects (OK you have me hooked on cosmic pluto patterns now!)- my knitting is very jealous and neglected!

Celia said...

I've never done a mystery knit. Will have to try it. I've heard so many bloggers talk about it.