Wednesday, November 24, 2010

There's a kind of hush

I consider myself pretty lucky in that my employer offers fitness classes to its employees twice weekly during the day. Monday yoga class is something I really look forward to, but I confess I've got to dig deep in my bag o' motivation to go to Pilates on Wednesdays. While Yoga is demanding physically, it's also quite relaxing and restorative. Pilates, on the other hand, is just plain demanding (I don't know about you, but squatting and/or lunging for 50 minutes straight isn't my idea of a good time). I try to keep myself motivated, but more often than not the class makes me feel like a pathetic weakling. Which is sort of the point, I guess. I keep reminding myself that if I just keep at it, someday I won't feel like a weakling anymore...

Tomorrow I'll be sore all over, and I'll have to kick myself in the arse to get on the treadmill (which, in case you were wondering, I've managed to fall off of again). But right now the house is quiet, and I'm content. Phil's out with a friend for dinner in the city (hey, it can't always be me, right?), the kids are tucked away in their beds, and I've got an evening of uninterrupted knitting (and unchallenged control over the remote!) ahead of me.

Happy Knitting, Everyone.

5 comments:

Celia said...

I always look like Bambi on ice when I try to do pilates.

Alrischa said...

I gave up pilates soooo long ago. hehehe.

I like evenings like that. Thursday (tonight) is Nathan's night off, which he usually spends in the shed, and once the kids are in bed I have remote control and uninterrupted knitting, too. Normally... I can hear a baby making little noises now...

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Sounds like a good evening. Too bad Bones isn't on Wed nights. LOL

I agree with you on that Yoga is relaxing and Pilates is demanding - I guess that's why I don't do Pilates. (Though maybe I should after popping out baby 3). That is very neat that your employer offers these for you - for free.

Mrhide said...

well I showed up earlier then expected but still... the sock..errr I mean the knitting on the cardi is moving!

Sinéad said...

I admit it. I'm a slacker. I can't keep up with this daily posting lark. Sorry about that :)
I'm enjoying the second of two lovely nights of peace here, hubby is away on business. *sigh* girly tv bliss :)
BTW, I love that last hat. I think it's gorgeous.