Saturday, November 6, 2010

I lied

Regular knitting content won't be back today as promised. We were delighted by a surprise visit with my Dad and stepmum Margot today, and spending time with them took precedence over anything else, as I'm certain you'll understand.

I can't tell you how nice it is to have them close-by enough to be able to have this type of visit. The kids were thrilled to see Nanny & Bumpy, and the day was spent playing games (Émilie creamed us at Monopoly while Maxime and Nanny played their own version of cribbage), showing off action figures and plain old soaking up the love.

Show and tell of my WIPs tomorrow.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

Bonus for the Enabler clan - we got to see Bumpy too :) - what a treat to look out the door to see Chris chatting with Chris...safe travels home.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Visits are nice! It's what now, a 3 hour drive?

Celia said...

Awesome! Love a visit from the family!

Laurie said...

Aw...nothing like a visit from the grandparents. My favorite memories... :-)